We welcome parent involvement at Durham Intermediate School. Research shows that students whose parents are involved in their education generally achieve higher grades and test scores, attend school more regularly, do their homework more consistently and exhibit more positive attitudes and behavior.
Please visit the school office any time and stay in touch with your student's teachers and counselor - see the Staff Directory for phone numbers and e-mail addresses.
We also welcome community participation, including donations of time, money, materials and expertise.
To help you know what's going on at DIS, check out these services for parents and community members:
- Student Handbook: A student handbook is distributed to each student at Durham Intermediate School.
- Calendars: Yearly district calendar, daily bell schedule, DIS events calendar
- Newsletter: Throughout the year, this newsletter will keep you informed about all the important dates, news, activities and services at DIS.
- PowerSchool: Keep track of your student's academic progress and attendance online.
- PTS: Join the Parent-Teacher-Student organization and stay involved with your student's education.
- School Site Council: Represent the interests of our students and the community.
- Durham Music Boosters: This link will give you information on joining Durham Sports Boosters, upcoming events and fundraising activities and volunteer opportunities to help sports.
- School Safety: Help us keep our school safe for students, staff and visitors.
- Dress Code: A reminder of what not to wear.
- SARC: School Accountability Report Card