Below you will find a letter from Mrs. Fox and the virtual meeting schedules. You will also be receiving this letter, your student schedule, virtual meeting schedule and other important information in the mail soon.
August 21, 2020
Dear Durham Intermediate School Parents and Community,
As we all wait with anticipation for the beginning of the 2020/2021 school year, I wanted to let you know how excited we all are to be back learning together again! After five months, the teachers are gearing up and learning how to best facilitate student learning within this new environment. Please take a moment to go through the enclosed paperwork.
- Student Schedule: This is your student’s schedule. The Period 1 teacher will be considered your student’s “homeroom” teacher as well.
- Virtual Meeting Schedule: This is the schedule that your child will need to log on and have an in person meeting with the teacher and their peers in that class. The meetings are by class periods. Your student’s homeroom teacher will clarify any questions you may have about this at your “Meet and Greet”.
- Meet and Greet: Period 1 (Homeroom Teachers) will be scheduling meet and greets with each child and one parent. These meetings will be the week of August 31-September 3. ENCLOSED IS A SIGN UP GENIUS LINK FOR YOU TO RESERVE YOUR APPOINTMENT with the homeroom teacher. This appointment is very important for you to attend. It will provide a chance for you to meet your homeroom teacher. Your appointment will consist of:
- Meeting your homeroom teacher
- Reviewing your virtually meeting times and google classroom codes
- Picking up any school supplies provided by the school
- Checking out a Chromebook
- Making sure you can log in
- Answering any questions you may have
At this time there will be a centrally located sign up if you are interested in being involved in student council. The sign up will be at the blue tables. Please consider being part of the decision making and support of your peers during online learning.
The first day of school is September 2nd, but we will start our virtual meetings on Monday, September 7th, after all of our meet and greets the week before.
As always, we are looking forward to a positive school year. Please reach out to the Durham Intermediate School office with any questions you may have and thank you for your continued support for our school, staff, students, and community.
Lora Fox, Principal
Durham Intermediate School